This enables the website to carry out the functions set out in the ‘What cookies are used on our website?’ section below.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file which is downloaded on to the devices you use to access our website, such as your computer, tablet or smartphone. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. Cookies are sent back to the website each time you re-visit it, enabling the website to retrieve and read the information held to “remember” you and /or your devices. A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive or read cookie files created by other sites. Information stored in cookies may be encrypted. More information on cookies and their use can be found at aboutcookies.org or allaboutcookies.org.
When we collect information automatically, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies in order to offer you a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering your particular browsing preferences. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
Types of cookies
- SESSION COOKIES – these allow COMPANY Analytical Services to link your actions as a user of the website during a browser session. These cookies expire after the browser session ends.
- STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- ANALYTICAL/ PERFORMANCE COOKIES – they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES – these are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- TARGETING COOKIES – these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
What cookies are used on our website?
|Same Day||To obtain basic functionality information, such as the visitor have closed the ‘cookie usage’ banner so that it does not show again throughout the website on the same day.|
|Analytical / Performance
|2 years||Google provide services such as Google Maps and Google Analytics.
They use these cookies as set out on their website:
|Vimeo||Analytical / Performance
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including flash cookies and local storage objects with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.