Application support engineer
Innovation Group manages critical incidents in the car and home on behalf of the world’s leading insurers, brokers and fleet managers, together with warranty and service plan provision for many OEMs and automotive dealerships, globally. We bring together a world-class supplier network, outstanding people and sophisticated technology platforms to provide three principal advantages to our clients and their customers.
Our 3,300 employees across Europe, North America, Africa, Asia and Australia serve over 1200 clients, including 15 of the top 20 global general insurers and three of the top five fleet and lease management companies. We aim to continually go beyond expectations for our clients and their customers. Each year we process over four million insurance claims, saving leading insurers tens of millions of pounds; we create thousands of sales opportunities for dealerships and OEMs through our service plan and warranty business; and we apply the data we gather to lead positive change across all the sectors we service.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Application Support team based in our Whiteley office. You will be a confident self-starter working within the IG Technology team to provide a consistently high-level of technical support for all IG applications, including databases, built on Microsoft Windows and IBM AIX platforms hosted on prem and within the cloud.
- Providing incident management to the various IG Tech applications in accordance with predetermined sla’s.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose application issues.
- Remote support of applications running on various desktops and tablets.
- Review and respond to alert notifications, escalating were necessary.
- Manage the out of hours deployment of application releases into production environments.
- Become SME for at least one of the core applications used by the Innovation Group.
- Maintain the application support knowledge base.
- Build constructive relationships with the development, infrastructure and offshore teams.
- Ability to provide on call support should the need arise.
Knowledge & skills required
- Excellent levels of verbal and written English.
- Proven experience of installing, configuring, and diagnosing issues with software.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Experience of deploying and managing applications within a Windows IIS environment.
- Good analytical skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Experienced working within an ITIL framework.
- Good knowledge of Unix\Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and or DB2.
- Working knowledge of Java application servers (such as Websphere, Weblogic etc)
- Familiarity with using cloud technology, Azure and or AWS.
- Exposure to Jira\Confluence\GitLabs.
Company Values and Behaviours
We believe in going beyond expectations for our clients and their customers at every turn. Our aim is to inspire positive change in the sectors we serve. To do this we are clear, visionary, can-do, together and transformational.
Clear – We are customer focused, and this gives us complete clarity on where we’re going and why. Improving the customer experience and delivering in the moment of truth is everything. We have a clear sense of others’ needs and have the depth of knowledge that enables us to respond.
Visionary – We constantly look at things differently, question the status quo, ask ‘what if…?’ We’re imaginative. Not only does our culture give permission to be thought provoking, innovative and creative, these things are highly valued and rewarded. We’re ambitious for improvement.
Can-do – We’re a positive, can-do organisation, which makes it a happy place to work in and a great organisation to deal with. We recognise that people work better when work is fun – we want them to enjoy every day. We all strive to create an ethos in which great ideas can get ahead.
Together – We work together to make things happen: we’re collaborative. Fundamental in making togetherness real and credible is being trustworthy. That means being consistent in our level of service; reliable in doing what we say we’ll do, when we say we’ll do it; and open and honest in our dealings.
Transformational – The combination of all of these qualities gives us the power to take things further for our clients and their customers. We want to go beyond what people thought possible and be a formidable force for transforming the customer experience of risk and the impact of incidents on lives.