Company values and behaviours
We believe in going beyond expectations for our clients and their customers at every turn. Our aim is to inspire positive change in the sectors we serve. To do this we are clear, visionary, can-do, together and transformational.
We are a leading specialist, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost effective solutions to our clients. We are looking to appoint a highly experienced subsidence engineer or surveyor, to deliver performance and competency for the claims we receive.
You will be provide technical advice, support and guidance to our clients as well as proposing bespoke solutions in a friendly and professional manner.
- Carry out initial inspections of insurance claims
- Assess damage; determine probable cause and policy liability
- Determine further investigations and monitoring, where necessary, and any remedial or temporary works required
- Provide initial report to agreed standards
- Attend re-visits as required and report to agreed standards
- Implement engineering audit recommendations
- Process claims in accordance with SMS’s philosophy, standards, service levels and complaints procedure
- Update all relevant information on iSubs, engineering or other
- Maintain high standard of communication at all times, both internally and externally
- Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Assist Claims Management Unit to proactively progress claims
- Is able to respond positively to varying client requirements and changes in the wider business environment.
- Knowledge of subsidence engineering and building defects
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of insurance and subsidence claims handling
- An understanding of the insurance industry (perils, hazards, loss assessors, underwriters, intermediaries, actuaries, NHBC etc.)
- Working knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory matters
- CSCS card holder
- Driving licence and use of own car – a significant level of travel is required in this role
- A degree in a building / engineering / surveying discipline or similar
- Chartered status in a building /engineering /surveying discipline or similar
- Cert CII qualified
- Permanent, 37.5 hours per week