Lead water repairs engineer
Company values and behaviours
We believe in going beyond expectations for our clients and their customers at every turn. Our aim is to inspire positive change in the sectors we serve. To do this we are clear, visionary, can-do, together and transformational.
You will be joining our team of leak detection and repair specialists (find and fix), using specialised leak detection equipment that limits damage to our customer’s property.
The majority of your work will be with our domestic customers, often they are unaware of water leaks until they are informed by the Water companies, and we step in to locate and repair the leak.
You may need to excavate and repair the water service and pipes – with minimal disruption to the customer – following your initial detection of the leak. We aim to complete all work on the first visit.
Our promise to customers is that we will accurately locate the water leak to 1 square meter, so any excavation is to a minimum when the pipes are repaired. This is the challenge of the role.
- Highly experienced at leak detection using listening sticks, ground microphones etc.
- A logical approach to water mains investigation to establish ownership of supplies
- Confidence with customers, ability to talk through with them what work is required
- Self-starter able to work on their own initiative
- Knowledge and experience of reinstating different domestic surface types (paving slabs, block paving, cold lay tarmac, concreting etc.)
- CRB checked
- CAT & Genny – To identify buried services and to trace existing metallic water services.
- Enacting new point of entry
- Installing induct boxes
- Holder of National Water Hygiene Card EUSR (Blue Card)
- Must hold a valid UK driving Licence
- Moling – 20mm to 32mm service laying including the creation of new ‘Point of Entry’ (we will give you training on this)
- Basic cold feed plumbing (Hepworth/Speed Fit and Copper pipework)
- Use of 360 Excavators (1.5T, 3T, 5T)
- WRAS Accreditation (WIAPS)
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days pro rata holiday entitlement (+ bank holidays!!)
- Flexible benefits package
- First class pension plan
- A fully stocked van and fuel card
- Full uniform
- Company phone
- Permanent, 42.5 hours per week