Business development manager
We are currently looking for an experienced sales professional to expand the current client portfolio and to join a fast growing team. This role will actively develop and grow new business requirements and will take ownership of client relationships, whilst driving revenue growth within the motor business unit. Your day to day will never be the same. This will be a client facing role so you will be out the office a lot, the more meetings booked the more out and about.
- Generate new business opportunities with prospective clients in the UK market to maximise revenues;
- Work with clients to understand and identify their objectives and needs while aligning products and services where business opportunities exist;
- Take ownership of the full sales cycle from generating leads, demonstrating the product, pricing, negotiation and closing whilst providing a first-class service;
- Build a strong pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against sales targets and ensure KPI’s are met;
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of our product by working closely with management and peers throughout the business;
- Liaise with our account management, implementation and customer service leads to ensure a smooth and professional handover for the client;
- Attend conferences and events, to network, create and identify leads;
- Responsible for revenue generation in close association with other members of the sales teams;
- Manage the execution of sales processes, the application of company systems and the reporting of forecasts and revenues to the group
- Keeping up with the marketplace; whilst anticipating market trends, competitive threats and commercial opportunities within the Insurance industry.
Knowledge & skills required:
- Proven experience within the insurance industry;
- Previous experience of working in a business development role within the insurance claims industry;
- Strong market knowledge of general and commercial insurance;
- Full understanding of the end to end claims proposition with the ability to confidently present this to potential customers;
- High profile with strong and credible relationships within the insurance claims;
- Understanding of current and future claims handling opportunities within the industry;
- Advanced commercial negotiation and networking skills;
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets;
- Demonstrated experience building credibility with a senior-level client base;
- Strong commercial awareness;
- Experience of working within a challenging environment and being able to demonstrate resourcefulness, agility and personal management;
- Be confident in interacting with internal stakeholder and external customers at various levels within organisation;
- Excellent communications reasoning skills including verbal, numerical and written and presentation skills;
- Well organised and an excellent planner;
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic individual.
- Current driving licence and car owner
Innovation Group manages critical incidents in the car and home on behalf of the world’s leading insurers, brokers and fleet managers, together with warranty and service plan provision for many OEMs and automotive dealerships, globally. We bring together a world-class supplier network, outstanding people and sophisticated technology platforms to provide three principal advantages to our clients and their customers.
Our 3,300 employees across Europe, North America, Africa, Asia and Australia serve over 1200 clients, including 15 of the top 20 global general insurers and three of the top five fleet and lease management companies. We aim to continually go beyond expectations for our clients and their customers. Each year we process over four million insurance claims, saving leading insurers tens of millions of pounds; we create thousands of sales opportunities for dealerships and OEMs through our service plan and warranty business; and we apply the data we gather to lead positive change across all the sectors we service.
Company values and behaviours
We believe in going beyond expectations for our clients and their customers at every turn. Our aim is to inspire positive change in the sectors we serve. To do this we are clear, visionary, can-do, together and transformational.
Clear – We are customer focused, and this gives us complete clarity on where we’re going and why. Improving the customer experience and delivering in the moment of truth is everything. We have a clear sense of others’ needs and have the depth of knowledge that enables us to respond.
Visionary – We constantly look at things differently, question the status quo, ask ‘what if…?’ We’re imaginative. Not only does our culture give permission to be thought provoking, innovative and creative, these things are highly valued and rewarded. We’re ambitious for improvement.
Can-do – We’re a positive, can-do organisation, which makes it a happy place to work in and a great organisation to deal with. We recognise that people work better when work is fun – we want them to enjoy every day. We all strive to create an ethos in which great ideas can get ahead.
Together – We work together to make things happen: we’re collaborative. Fundamental in making togetherness real and credible is being trustworthy. That means being consistent in our level of service; reliable in doing what we say we’ll do, when we say we’ll do it; and open and honest in our dealings.
Transformational – The combination of all of these qualities gives us the power to take things further for our clients and their customers. We want to go beyond what people thought possible and be a formidable force for transforming the customer experience of risk and the impact of incidents on lives.