We are seeking an analytical and analytical problem-solver with a great eye for detail to join our Technology team as a Senior SQL Developer. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• All aspects of data engineering in relation to data loading, transformation and aggregation of data from source business systems to our data warehouse.
• Automated data extracts and systems integration.
• Providing technical advice and support within your team and the business
• Analysis of data, data quality, databases, and data cleansing
• Microsoft SQL certification: MCSA SQL Server 2016 or MCSE Data Management and Analytics
• B.Tech or relevant 3 Year Degree preferred
• A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
• MS SQL Server
• Microsoft SSIS
• Azure Data Factory, Azure Databases and Power BI preffered
Areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Managing their work using available resources and methodologies ensuring full team engagement
• Estimating the size and complexity of the work and managing this appropriately
• Determining the technical design in their area of concern, within the architectural guidelines
• Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness
Risk & Governance
• Develop technical support documentation within agreed standards.
• Document all work done as per standards, methods and tools used in the insurance industry for database development.
• Construct, interpret and execute end to end ETL and tests to verify correct operation of completed ETL.
• Prepare test cases for unit testing purposes.
• Collaborates with colleagues from different disciplines in a cross-functional team to deliver against iteration targets
• Works in partnership with Business representatives (e.g. Product Owner, Product Manager, MIS, BI Teams) ensuring alignment and value to the customer.
• Manages their work effectively as an individual and team member including the reprioritisation of backlogs and reacts flexibly to changing demands.
• Manage their work using available resources and methodologies ensuring delivery within timelines
• Is responsible for value and builds to continuously improve the quality of deliverables
• Continuously finding ways to improve own and the team’s delivery and value to the customer
• Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised.
• Create a culture of ownership and accountability throughout the organisation in support of our values
• Permanent employment
• A competitive salary
• Access to medical aid and provident fund
• Continuous learning and training.